This is a 4-day introductory course open to those individuals who have attempted a few leather projects and are looking to step up their leather working technique. Participants will learn about the Nigerian leather market place, types of leathers available, how to tell faux from real leather as well as using available materials to perfect your leather projects. At the end of this class Participants should be able to approach simple leather projects with confidence and will also have a basic knowledge of project initiation.
This course will also cover most or all of the following topics:
- Essential tools for hand stitched leatherwork
- Selecting appropriate leather type for your project
- Using pre-made patterns, cutting out your projects.
- Learning threading and basic Saddle stitching
- Simple edge finishing
While pattern making is a vital part of leatherwork, in this beginner course, we will have you work with pre-made patterns so you can focus your time on construction techniques.
Each Class will have a maximum number of 5 participants
All participants must adhere strictly to NCDC Advisories on COVID - 19 prevention.
Registration closes 8th of September 2020
DATES: 15TH - 18TH SEPT OR
22ND - 25TH SEPT OR
29TH - 2ND OCT 2020
CLASS TIMES: 9 A.M. TO 3 P.M.
VENUE: IKEJA, LAGOS
COURSE FEE: = N = 200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira)
- Coffee/Tea-Snack/Lunch Break
- Use of all Studio Tools
- Leather and Findings to complete your project
- Attendance Certificate at the End of the Program